Is the DL.2 my solution?

Hey everyone,

Hoping you could help me think something through. I have a client that wants to use a stock piece they have in their warehouse. It's a 7' wide x 30' tall screen. They plan to use it to scroll names throughout an awards ceremony (picture the opening to StarWars). The client intends to supply a single powerpoint presentation with the scrolling content.

I was hoping to use three DL.2's stacked to accomplish this using the collage generator? Each projector would be responsible for a projection area of about 7' X 10' to fill the 30' screen. I figure this is a little closer to a true 4:3 aspect ratio.

Anyway, do I have any chance in this working or should I go another route?

Thanks for looking!
Parents
  • Thanks for the quick reply Matt. I was afraid I was going to get that answer.

I can get the client to supply a video file for the scrolling of the names. It would be a about a 5 minute video in total. They are hoping to display the award recipients from the past 75 years during the opening, so the file would be fairly large. Does this seem like the best approach? After the scrolling of the names, we will go back to a logo for the remainder of the program. I don't anticipate much of an issue with the single slide.

As for the distance. We haven't done an official walk through at the venue, but I am expecting to have a lot flexibility there. It could be anywhere between 15' and 40' from what I remember about the venue.
  • Thanks for the quick reply Matt. I was afraid I was going to get that answer.

I can get the client to supply a video file for the scrolling of the names. It would be a about a 5 minute video in total. They are hoping to display the award recipients from the past 75 years during the opening, so the file would be fairly large. Does this seem like the best approach? After the scrolling of the names, we will go back to a logo for the remainder of the program. I don't anticipate much of an issue with the single slide.

As for the distance. We haven't done an official walk through at the venue, but I am expecting to have a lot flexibility there. It could be anywhere between 15' and 40' from what I remember about the venue.
Children
No Data