DHCP Issue

After upgrading my DL.2's to the latest software, I have been having constant trouble with seeing them on the CMA.

They no longer are visible when a DHCP server gives them their ip address. If I boot them up with no server and they give themselves a self-assigned ip (i.e. no DHCP server in the pipeline) I can see them but only if I boot up a pc identically with a self assigned ip.

This is a real problem for me as I need to continually update content from another location, plus during a show I need to have the pc connected to the network. I have figured some really crappy workarounds, but do need a fix for this.
Parents
  • Yes. Everything is powered up prior to turning on the DL's. Switch is gigabit and I have never had a problem with it. In fact I have used 4 different switches as a test.

Since the DL's are being sent DMX through 5pin instead of Artnet, the ethernet connection is only being used for the the content delivery.

Cables are good (Ethernet, DMX, Video). This is a problem in the software. Just would like to know how to fix.
  • Yes. Everything is powered up prior to turning on the DL's. Switch is gigabit and I have never had a problem with it. In fact I have used 4 different switches as a test.

Since the DL's are being sent DMX through 5pin instead of Artnet, the ethernet connection is only being used for the the content delivery.

Cables are good (Ethernet, DMX, Video). This is a problem in the software. Just would like to know how to fix.
Children
No Data