Need help with DL2 content ?

Hey everyone.
Hope all is well.
I have a gig coming up this next month and the client what's to use 2 x DL2's (not DL3 - can't afford them).
They want to use their own content (stills and movies).
I've not yet use the DL2 with custom content before.
Therefore, I have a question regarding the proper content type and size to use in the DL2 fixtures.
What's the recommended size for still and movie content to use with these units?
I read that the content size should be 1024 x 768, is this the most reliable format?

Also, can I download from Highend at no charge, the CMA the comes with the DL2 fixture?
If so, where do I need to go on the Internet to do this?

Best Regard,

Darrel "Beammer" Cummins
LD/Programmer
D. L. C. Productions
29 W Avenida De Las Flores
Thousand Oaks, CA. 91360-3116
Mobile: (805) 377-5838
Parents
  • Hi Darrel,

1024x768 is the native output of the projector, so if you are not going to be using the collage and blending two projectors together, there's no real point going above 1024x768.

One thing to make sure of is that the content is encoded correctly. There are a lot of settings beyond the resolution of the movie content that will affect the way they playback on the server. There is a lot of good info here for creating custom content:

www.highend.com/support/digital_lighting/CreatingCustomContent.asp

The CMA (and all of the DL software updates) is available for free on our website here:

www.highend.com/support/digital_lighting/DL2andAxonSoftwareUpgrades.asp

The content stuff can be a bit tricky and complicated, so if you have any questions about it, please let us know here or contact our support department at 1.800.890.8989. We'll be happy to help you with any issues you might have.

Thanks,
  • Hi Darrel,

1024x768 is the native output of the projector, so if you are not going to be using the collage and blending two projectors together, there's no real point going above 1024x768.

One thing to make sure of is that the content is encoded correctly. There are a lot of settings beyond the resolution of the movie content that will affect the way they playback on the server. There is a lot of good info here for creating custom content:

www.highend.com/support/digital_lighting/CreatingCustomContent.asp

The CMA (and all of the DL software updates) is available for free on our website here:

www.highend.com/support/digital_lighting/DL2andAxonSoftwareUpgrades.asp

The content stuff can be a bit tricky and complicated, so if you have any questions about it, please let us know here or contact our support department at 1.800.890.8989. We'll be happy to help you with any issues you might have.

Thanks,
Children
No Data