Striking DL3s

I'm using a HOGIII and when i grab the motion and go CONTROL --> Lamp Strike it seems finicky on how long i need to hold it down to get the units to strike.

What am i doin wrong?
Parents
  • You shouldn't need to hold it down. Simply touch or click the "Lamp Strike" option once.

If you look at the DMX protocol in the manual it shows that the unit must receive that particular command 80 times before it will respond. So in a typical DMX refresh situation that would be about 3-4 seconds (I think).

The time needed to strike may also depend on conditions in and at the unit (such as when the last time the lamp was lit, how hot it is, etc).

By default the units should strike their lamps upon receiving DMX or ArtNet, unless someone has changed the option in the fixture menu.

Hope this helps. :)
  • You shouldn't need to hold it down. Simply touch or click the "Lamp Strike" option once.

If you look at the DMX protocol in the manual it shows that the unit must receive that particular command 80 times before it will respond. So in a typical DMX refresh situation that would be about 3-4 seconds (I think).

The time needed to strike may also depend on conditions in and at the unit (such as when the last time the lamp was lit, how hot it is, etc).

By default the units should strike their lamps upon receiving DMX or ArtNet, unless someone has changed the option in the fixture menu.

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data