DL2 loss of Motor Control for iris/focus/zoom

Good morning.

I have inherited 2 Dl2s on this current tour that have just recieved new head cards (for reasons unknown.) I have power on the motors but no control of iris/focus or zoom. Running xpe2.0 with 1.5.4 software. I have checkd all connections, calibrated motors & rolled firmware back to 1.5.2 but I have had no luck. If it helps - anytime I home any of these three functions, the pan & tilt home instead. Not sure if that is normal.

Any ideas?????

Cheers
Jabba
Parents
  • Jabba,

If the head cards are new, chances are you need to run "Projector Defaults". The reason for this is that the projector type (there are several possible, as the DL.2/DL.3 run on the same software and there is a possible 3 models to choose from) is stored in the head card, and if the card is replaced the unit no longer knows which type of projector it has. Because of this, you lose Zoom/Focus/Iris control.

The Projector Defaults routine detects which type of projector is installed in the fixture. If you go into the Set -> Projector Tab on the menu, at the bottom there is a button to run the Projector Defaults. Press this once or twice and wait a bit. It will make several changes on the projector, and then you should see the fixture home. When it homes, it has detected the new projector and you should have zoom/focus/iris control back.

Give it a try and let us know what happens.
  • Jabba,

If the head cards are new, chances are you need to run "Projector Defaults". The reason for this is that the projector type (there are several possible, as the DL.2/DL.3 run on the same software and there is a possible 3 models to choose from) is stored in the head card, and if the card is replaced the unit no longer knows which type of projector it has. Because of this, you lose Zoom/Focus/Iris control.

The Projector Defaults routine detects which type of projector is installed in the fixture. If you go into the Set -> Projector Tab on the menu, at the bottom there is a button to run the Projector Defaults. Press this once or twice and wait a bit. It will make several changes on the projector, and then you should see the fixture home. When it homes, it has detected the new projector and you should have zoom/focus/iris control back.

Give it a try and let us know what happens.
Children
No Data