DL2 Head Control Board

Good day! I have a brand new head control board I went to install on a DL2 fixture. When I power up the fixture, the head portion of the fixture does not initialize and the green Status light on the board and the one on the enclosure just blink.

Is there a problem with the board or does it need a firmware download?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks and take care!
Parents
  • Hi Kevin,

With a brand new card like you have, it needs to update its firmware. This process happens automatically once the computer in the server has booted. You will need to power up the fixture (it will not home), allow the computer to boot (this will take ~2 minutes) and you should see a progress dialog come up on the menu of the fixture stating that it is doing a firmware update. This whole process will take a few minutes, and it will home when it is finished.

Also, because you have a brand new card, make sure to run Projector Defaults once the firmware upload is done. The head card stores the projector type, so since you have a new one, it will not know what kind of projector is installed in the fixture. The projector detection happens during the Projector Defaults routine.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
  • Hi Kevin,

With a brand new card like you have, it needs to update its firmware. This process happens automatically once the computer in the server has booted. You will need to power up the fixture (it will not home), allow the computer to boot (this will take ~2 minutes) and you should see a progress dialog come up on the menu of the fixture stating that it is doing a firmware update. This whole process will take a few minutes, and it will home when it is finished.

Also, because you have a brand new card, make sure to run Projector Defaults once the firmware upload is done. The head card stores the projector type, so since you have a new one, it will not know what kind of projector is installed in the fixture. The projector detection happens during the Projector Defaults routine.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Children
No Data