CMA not seeing dl3

Hi,

I have a dl3 that will not show up in cma. I have the latest version of cam and the xp embedded software installed (respectively).

I am using a net book with windows 7 32bit, a link sys router. I can see the dl3 attached to the router in the routers configuration page, I can even ping the dl3 from command prompt. But it will not show up in cma.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Parents
  • Hi Aaron,

A router is not absolutely required to see the DL.3 in the CMA. If no router is present both your laptop and the DL.3 will automatically assign themselves an IP address (something like 169.254.x.x). A router can be necessary at times, however, such as trying to run a DL.3 via ArtNet control depending on the set-up.

One thing to check, aside from what Cormac already suggested, is to make sure your Windows firewall is turned off. The settings for the firewall can be found in the Control Panel. The Windows firewall blocks the "Discovery" information that the DL fixtures send out, which will make the DL fixtures never show up in the CMA.

Thanks,
  • Hi Aaron,

A router is not absolutely required to see the DL.3 in the CMA. If no router is present both your laptop and the DL.3 will automatically assign themselves an IP address (something like 169.254.x.x). A router can be necessary at times, however, such as trying to run a DL.3 via ArtNet control depending on the set-up.

One thing to check, aside from what Cormac already suggested, is to make sure your Windows firewall is turned off. The settings for the firewall can be found in the Control Panel. The Windows firewall blocks the "Discovery" information that the DL fixtures send out, which will make the DL fixtures never show up in the CMA.

Thanks,
Children
No Data