DL3 video content prep

For the last few years we do a show where I have created video content for a DL2, and I compress 640x480 using compressor. The files have worked great for us. This year we are using a DL3, and I see the files need to be 1024 x 768. The problem is compressor can not give me that frame size. When I try the closest I can get is 960 x 720.
I really do not want to have to go out and buy Episode for $499, for this one show a year. Anyone have a solution?
By the way I am working on a Mac, so needs to be a mac solution.

Thanks,
Darren
Parents
  • I'm not sure Compressor will be able to hit all the proper settings for DL content.

There have been many updates and changes to the DL software over the last year, one of which is "content scanning". So just because you were able to load and playback a piece of content from Compressor in the past....don't be surprised if the CMA tells you that there is a problem now.

There are some existing issues with the new version of Episode as well.
    I know Matt from HES has been in touch with Telestream about this, but not sure if a resolution has been reached.

Your best bet is the TMPEG Xpress software for PC.
    Since you are on a Mac I would suggest booting into Windows and running it from there. The license is cheap as well.....around $100.
    Small price to pay to KNOW that your content will be OK.

Hope this helps. :)
  • I'm not sure Compressor will be able to hit all the proper settings for DL content.

There have been many updates and changes to the DL software over the last year, one of which is "content scanning". So just because you were able to load and playback a piece of content from Compressor in the past....don't be surprised if the CMA tells you that there is a problem now.

There are some existing issues with the new version of Episode as well.
    I know Matt from HES has been in touch with Telestream about this, but not sure if a resolution has been reached.

Your best bet is the TMPEG Xpress software for PC.
    Since you are on a Mac I would suggest booting into Windows and running it from there. The license is cheap as well.....around $100.
    Small price to pay to KNOW that your content will be OK.

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data