DL3 video content prep

For the last few years we do a show where I have created video content for a DL2, and I compress 640x480 using compressor. The files have worked great for us. This year we are using a DL3, and I see the files need to be 1024 x 768. The problem is compressor can not give me that frame size. When I try the closest I can get is 960 x 720.
I really do not want to have to go out and buy Episode for $499, for this one show a year. Anyone have a solution?
By the way I am working on a Mac, so needs to be a mac solution.

Thanks,
Darren
Parents
  • +1 to all of what Matt said.

You just happened to get lucky that your content didn't drag the whole DL server down in the past.

I've seen instances where content not created with a closed GOP (not all I-Frames) will actually gradually reduce performance of the server until it locks up entirely requiring a "hard reset" or power clearing of the fixture.....only to have performance degrade and the process start all over again.

I would strongly caution you against using improperly formatted content unless you enjoy "dodging bullets" so to speak.

Hope this helps. :)
  • +1 to all of what Matt said.

You just happened to get lucky that your content didn't drag the whole DL server down in the past.

I've seen instances where content not created with a closed GOP (not all I-Frames) will actually gradually reduce performance of the server until it locks up entirely requiring a "hard reset" or power clearing of the fixture.....only to have performance degrade and the process start all over again.

I would strongly caution you against using improperly formatted content unless you enjoy "dodging bullets" so to speak.

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data