Guides/Templates for Segemented Collage

There seems to be very little information on preparing content for use with the Segmented Collage effect, so I have created a bunch of "blank" guide files for Adobe Photoshop as well as a quick "How to".

You can download from my website here:
www.retinalresonance.com/DL_Seg_Cllg_PSDs.html

Please be sure to read the PDF document before using any of the guide files.

I am providing these files as Public Domain material.

Thanks to Matt S. @ HES for providing the pixel overlap info to me. :beerchug:

If HES/Barco wishes to make these available via their DL support pages I have no problem with this.

Hope people find these usefull. :)
Parents
  • Hi Joe,

Just to clarify. As Marty states for doing a CollageTM the DML-1200 will have to use a Axon server. Witch is how we sell them theses days.

I tried this in Sweden where 6 units is installed in Icehockey 10 Arenas, looks nice.

But the majority sold so far was without servers or with EMP (The Barco Version of the Green Hippo Express. Witch can also runt in the GH Express mode if you like)
    In those you can do a 9 x 9 with the media server by cutting in the same way described here.
    With units Without mediaserver you can feed a "in theory" unlimited amount of units over a grid of 1400 x 1050. In practice it is VERY time consuming and i would not recommend anyone to try more than 2 x 2 at first, to learn the process.
    You still have to cut the content to overlap as the internal software was never made to take care of that.
    This is exactly the same process you have to do with normal projectors.
    I have done a 2 x 3 in full res feed by 6 computers still image, that took some time to do, but was beautiful!
    3900 x 1000 Native pixels :D
    The benefit is the blend & gamma curve witch in the DML-1200 is 16bit, as opposed to the MediaServers 8bit. (DVI 8bit)

I hope this was clarifying :)
  • Hi Joe,

Just to clarify. As Marty states for doing a CollageTM the DML-1200 will have to use a Axon server. Witch is how we sell them theses days.

I tried this in Sweden where 6 units is installed in Icehockey 10 Arenas, looks nice.

But the majority sold so far was without servers or with EMP (The Barco Version of the Green Hippo Express. Witch can also runt in the GH Express mode if you like)
    In those you can do a 9 x 9 with the media server by cutting in the same way described here.
    With units Without mediaserver you can feed a "in theory" unlimited amount of units over a grid of 1400 x 1050. In practice it is VERY time consuming and i would not recommend anyone to try more than 2 x 2 at first, to learn the process.
    You still have to cut the content to overlap as the internal software was never made to take care of that.
    This is exactly the same process you have to do with normal projectors.
    I have done a 2 x 3 in full res feed by 6 computers still image, that took some time to do, but was beautiful!
    3900 x 1000 Native pixels :D
    The benefit is the blend & gamma curve witch in the DML-1200 is 16bit, as opposed to the MediaServers 8bit. (DVI 8bit)

I hope this was clarifying :)
Children
No Data