Random/intermittent content artifacts

Just curious if there's any reason behind the random artifacts I've been getting from time to time. I'm running 12 DL-3's collaged across an ice floor 3x4 and get random artifacts during the show. It isn't any single piece of content nor is it any single DL-3, and it isn't repeatable. Running various software from 2025 through 2453 (don't ask) but it doesn't seem to occur more frequently with any one release. Cues are triggered by a Maxxyz but as far as control only uses the collage generator and triggers content on two layers so no effects from the console, no layer effects using what's built into the DL-3's, just position, framing of the collage, and content triggering.

On another note, any way to get LTC to individual fixtures so that they will stay sync'd better during long unlooped content or if a fixture requires a server reset during the middle of playback it will sync to the rest of the fixtures instead of starting playback from the beginning of the clip?
Parents
  • [QUOTE=Marty Postma;54072]From your description it soundss like what happens when a piece of cusstom content has not been properly encoded....to me it sounds like the GOP or bitrate is wrong.

Hope this helps. :)

I've come to the conclusion that this has to be the issue although supposedly the content creators followed the creation guide. It's just so random in its occurrence that I can't imagine it being anything else.

As far as the sync goes, does it pull content from the master real time to the other fixtures or does it just synchronize content playback with the fixtures with all of the content cloned? I seem to remember the programmer having issues with it during the build which would certainly indicate the possibility of incorrectly encoded content. The decision was made to just use the cloned content and the collage generator and leave playback to the individual fixtures triggered with LTC. It really only becomes an issue with longer pieces of content. I've already checked to make sure playback speed is e same across all of the fixtures so it's nothing from the console.

We are running gigabit hardware throughout.
  • [QUOTE=Marty Postma;54072]From your description it soundss like what happens when a piece of cusstom content has not been properly encoded....to me it sounds like the GOP or bitrate is wrong.

Hope this helps. :)

I've come to the conclusion that this has to be the issue although supposedly the content creators followed the creation guide. It's just so random in its occurrence that I can't imagine it being anything else.

As far as the sync goes, does it pull content from the master real time to the other fixtures or does it just synchronize content playback with the fixtures with all of the content cloned? I seem to remember the programmer having issues with it during the build which would certainly indicate the possibility of incorrectly encoded content. The decision was made to just use the cloned content and the collage generator and leave playback to the individual fixtures triggered with LTC. It really only becomes an issue with longer pieces of content. I've already checked to make sure playback speed is e same across all of the fixtures so it's nothing from the console.

We are running gigabit hardware throughout.
Children
No Data