Random/intermittent content artifacts

Just curious if there's any reason behind the random artifacts I've been getting from time to time. I'm running 12 DL-3's collaged across an ice floor 3x4 and get random artifacts during the show. It isn't any single piece of content nor is it any single DL-3, and it isn't repeatable. Running various software from 2025 through 2453 (don't ask) but it doesn't seem to occur more frequently with any one release. Cues are triggered by a Maxxyz but as far as control only uses the collage generator and triggers content on two layers so no effects from the console, no layer effects using what's built into the DL-3's, just position, framing of the collage, and content triggering.

On another note, any way to get LTC to individual fixtures so that they will stay sync'd better during long unlooped content or if a fixture requires a server reset during the middle of playback it will sync to the rest of the fixtures instead of starting playback from the beginning of the clip?
Parents
  • Hi Dalen,

Sorry to chime in a little late on this one. Two things:

1) Are you doing any rotation with the 3D objects, especially with two right on top of one another? There are issues with this where the graphics engine in the DL server will have trouble determining which objects should be in the "front" and you get what looks like tears in the objects.

2) I know you said it was too late to recreate all of the content, but if you have a piece or two of the content that you can send me, I can make sure it was made correctly. If there is something wrong, at least you'll be able to advise the content house next time.

You can send me the content here: highend.wetransfer.com/

Just put it to my email attention, matt(dot)schiefelbein(at)barco(dot)com

Thanks,
  • Hi Dalen,

Sorry to chime in a little late on this one. Two things:

1) Are you doing any rotation with the 3D objects, especially with two right on top of one another? There are issues with this where the graphics engine in the DL server will have trouble determining which objects should be in the "front" and you get what looks like tears in the objects.

2) I know you said it was too late to recreate all of the content, but if you have a piece or two of the content that you can send me, I can make sure it was made correctly. If there is something wrong, at least you'll be able to advise the content house next time.

You can send me the content here: highend.wetransfer.com/

Just put it to my email attention, matt(dot)schiefelbein(at)barco(dot)com

Thanks,
Children
No Data