Collage with 2 sets of content

I preface this with the fact that I am fairly inexperienced with the DL-2/DL-3 product line.

What I am trying to do is the following.

I have (6) DL-2 units and I am making a collage that is projecting on a surface. My client wants to have basically 66% of the collage one thing and 33% another thing all on the same surface. I have the collage arrayed in a 3x2 format. The question is what is the best way to blend from 2 units stacked vertically to go horizontally to another 2 units with a different collage? Do I want to do two separate collages a 1x2 and a 2x2? How can I soften the edges where the media blends?

Does this make sense and am I crazy for trying this?
Parents
  • Matt,

Let me see if I understand correctly:

You have a 6 unit collage, 3 units wide, 2 units high. You want 4 of the units (the first two vertical rows) showing one piece of media while the other 2 (the last vertical row) show a different piece of media, but you want them all in the same collage. Correct?

If that is the case, construct the collage as a full 3x2 collage. Then, select 4 of the units and on layer 1 select whatever media you want them to display. On the other two units, select a different piece of media on layer 1. You don't have to have the same movie selected for each fixture in the collage.

If you need to, you can use the scale parameter on the layers to get the content sized correctly for the two different groups in the collage.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if I misunderstood.
  • Matt,

Let me see if I understand correctly:

You have a 6 unit collage, 3 units wide, 2 units high. You want 4 of the units (the first two vertical rows) showing one piece of media while the other 2 (the last vertical row) show a different piece of media, but you want them all in the same collage. Correct?

If that is the case, construct the collage as a full 3x2 collage. Then, select 4 of the units and on layer 1 select whatever media you want them to display. On the other two units, select a different piece of media on layer 1. You don't have to have the same movie selected for each fixture in the collage.

If you need to, you can use the scale parameter on the layers to get the content sized correctly for the two different groups in the collage.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if I misunderstood.
Children
No Data