Lens option in CMA

What does the Lens option (DL.3) in the CMA actually do (I understand if you put in a long throw lens, you change the option) -- Here is why I'm asking.

I had some fixtures (I reset factory defaults on all of my units before uploading content) -- all shipping with standard lens sets. Apparently 2 of my units where set to LONG (and I didn't notice) -- but I couldn't get them to focus properly. After about an hour of screwing with it, I tried by chance changing the setting back to standard and that fixed the focus issue.

So why doesn't reset defaults, actually default the lens option. Also, isn't there a way for the fixture to "detect" the installed lens? and second, why does it affect the focus?
Parents
  • If you have set the wrong lens type, then the motor isn't being driven properly.

Essentially the motors have to have different power settings via the driver chip to work properly in the different lenses. There is no way to "auto-detect" the lens as the only cables connected are the zoom and focus motors that HES puts on the Christie/Sanyo lenses.

You should always run a "Calibrate Motors" from the fixture menu after you change this as well to be sure everyhting works properly.

Not sure why "Factory Defaults" would not set the lens back to "Standard".

Hope this helps. :)
  • If you have set the wrong lens type, then the motor isn't being driven properly.

Essentially the motors have to have different power settings via the driver chip to work properly in the different lenses. There is no way to "auto-detect" the lens as the only cables connected are the zoom and focus motors that HES puts on the Christie/Sanyo lenses.

You should always run a "Calibrate Motors" from the fixture menu after you change this as well to be sure everyhting works properly.

Not sure why "Factory Defaults" would not set the lens back to "Standard".

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data