Hard drive help

Hi all
A friend of mine has some DL:2's that are in a bit of a state
basically someone came to 'fix' the hard drives and started to replace them however now he is left with them all not working
I am stepping in to try and get them going but have very little knowledge of the internal workings
Basically I want to start with blank hard drives and install them from fresh
if someone could give me a step by step it would be much appreciated
Thanks
Mikey
Parents
  • UAC is User Account Control.....a way of having different user profiles to log in and out of Windows with possibly different access to files, programs, etc....

Read this technote:

www.flyingpig.com/support/documents/WindowsUAC.pdf

Also be aware that after you connect your network cable it might take several minutes to go into auto-IP.
    If you have set a static IP on your computer it will probably not be able to connect to the network at all.
    It also usually helps to disable all your other network adapters (like WiFi).
    You can see what IP your machine is set to at the bottom right corner of the CMA window.

Hope this helps. :)
  • UAC is User Account Control.....a way of having different user profiles to log in and out of Windows with possibly different access to files, programs, etc....

Read this technote:

www.flyingpig.com/support/documents/WindowsUAC.pdf

Also be aware that after you connect your network cable it might take several minutes to go into auto-IP.
    If you have set a static IP on your computer it will probably not be able to connect to the network at all.
    It also usually helps to disable all your other network adapters (like WiFi).
    You can see what IP your machine is set to at the bottom right corner of the CMA window.

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data