DL2 NO SERVER OUTPUT

Hello -

I have a show that opened last night with a couple DL2s. Everything worked great last night, however today after power-up the media server does not appear to be outputting anything.

I get light from the lense and the unit responds to DMX. I have rebooted the unit from CMA also, and I can browse the content library...

What am I doing wrong? I have 2 hours before my next performance!

Thanks in advance!!

Kind Regards,

- James
Parents
  • Happy to hear you got it sorted before your show.

[QUOTE=jheliker;60273]....Is this an actual relay inside the unit, controlling the projector?

Yes it is an actual relay.....one of two. The second controls the signal path of the S-Video I/O and the camera.

From personal experience, dodgy power and/or many units of the same circuit was most often the cause for me.

[QUOTE=jheliker;60273]Is this an issue with the DL3 also? Or just 2?

I can't say that I have ever had this issue with a DL.3 (and I have used many units on many shows all over the world).....only very early production runs and software versions of the DL.2 was where I hit this (in my personal experience) and even then it was only very occasionally.

It could, potentially, be software related as well. Be sure your units are running the most up to date embedded Windows (XPe) versions, as well as the most up to date DL software as well.

Hope this helps. :)
  • Happy to hear you got it sorted before your show.

[QUOTE=jheliker;60273]....Is this an actual relay inside the unit, controlling the projector?

Yes it is an actual relay.....one of two. The second controls the signal path of the S-Video I/O and the camera.

From personal experience, dodgy power and/or many units of the same circuit was most often the cause for me.

[QUOTE=jheliker;60273]Is this an issue with the DL3 also? Or just 2?

I can't say that I have ever had this issue with a DL.3 (and I have used many units on many shows all over the world).....only very early production runs and software versions of the DL.2 was where I hit this (in my personal experience) and even then it was only very occasionally.

It could, potentially, be software related as well. Be sure your units are running the most up to date embedded Windows (XPe) versions, as well as the most up to date DL software as well.

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data