Backup Media Files in DL2

Hello! I need to make a backup of all the media files in my DL2. I need all the pictures and videos in a dvd.
I have tried to make a backup using the Create content archive, but it creates a .DLC file. I need to be able to open the pictures and videos in other computers, so the .DLC file is no good.

Is it possible to make a back up of all the media files in the original format (.png, .jpg, ...)

Many thanks
Parents
  • Hi Jordi,

What exactly are your intentions with the back up as far as being able to open the files on another computer? The content archives on the DLs are intended to capture all of the media along with the DMX address mapping into a single file so it can easily be deployed on another server.

In actuality, the .DLC file is just a ZIP file with a different extension. In fact, if you change .dlc to .zip you can browse through the contents of the file. However, if you do this, and then change the contents of the archive at all, you won't be able to re-deploy the archive on to a server as you have altered the file structure and the DMX mapping saved in the archive will no longer match the actual files in the archive.

Best,
  • Hi Jordi,

What exactly are your intentions with the back up as far as being able to open the files on another computer? The content archives on the DLs are intended to capture all of the media along with the DMX address mapping into a single file so it can easily be deployed on another server.

In actuality, the .DLC file is just a ZIP file with a different extension. In fact, if you change .dlc to .zip you can browse through the contents of the file. However, if you do this, and then change the contents of the archive at all, you won't be able to re-deploy the archive on to a server as you have altered the file structure and the DMX mapping saved in the archive will no longer match the actual files in the archive.

Best,
Children
No Data