new to dl2

We are looking into getting some second hand dl2 and have a few questions. Is it possible to upgrade the computer system to run the dl3 software?
Is it possible to add the sdi capture cards?
from what i can tell the dl3 is a brighter projector and computer has more grunt. I am looking at changing all the hard drives to ssd is it worth it?
is it worth upgrading the computers?
Parents
  • Hi Michael,

It is not possible to add the SDI capture cards into DL.2. This is a function reserved for DL.3 fixtures. It is possible to buy the latest generation computer hardware for DL.2 fixture, but as I said, no SDI capture.

As far as SSD upgrades, this is not something that can really be done. In order for you to get hard drives for the DL.3/DL.2, they must be purchased from High End Systems directly. This is the only way that you can get the stock content library, etc.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Best,
  • Hi Michael,

It is not possible to add the SDI capture cards into DL.2. This is a function reserved for DL.3 fixtures. It is possible to buy the latest generation computer hardware for DL.2 fixture, but as I said, no SDI capture.

As far as SSD upgrades, this is not something that can really be done. In order for you to get hard drives for the DL.3/DL.2, they must be purchased from High End Systems directly. This is the only way that you can get the stock content library, etc.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Best,
Children
No Data