Upgrading Software

Just wondering if there is anyway of upgrading the software with Net 3 nodes etc, or do i need the USB-DMX adaptor.  If so is this the same as any other of the usb- dmx devices on the market as i have a few other random ones, or is it customised by etc for their own code.

Have to upgrade some Revolutions i think, not sure what software is in them, but quite old.

Cheers

Mylesie

Parents
  • Unfortunately not.
    Our 2 and 4 port Net3 DMX/RDM Gateways can only update the firmware of Desire, S4LED and S4 Dimmer.

The ETC Revolutions and SmartPacks require the use of the ETC "USB RS485 Whip" (P/N 5000A1039) or the older Universal Downloader box.
    - Note that these are not USB-DMX devices, and it is not possible to use any USB>DMX devices for this firmware update.

Many ETC dealers have one or more of these, so you may be able to hire one or even ask them to come out and do the firmware update for you.

• Hi Richard, 

Just wondering can the new dmx gadget be used to update revolutions using the updator app.  We are looking at purchasing the old whip, but the gadget would help us with a possible nomad we are looking at aswell, and save us buying two products.

Cheers

Andrew

• Hi Andrew,

Sorry but the Gadget can only update the Source 4 LED and Desire fixtures.

You have to use the USB to 5pin Cable for the revolutions.

Tom

Reply Children
No Data
Related