Revolution lamp contacts

Hi,

We've had some problems with the lamp contacts on our revolutions arcing.  We have 4 revolutions and in the past couple of years I've had to replace the lamp contacts 3 times.  I can't tell for sure whether the problem is in the contacts or the lamp itself.  It seems that arcing is occurring and heating the contact on the lamp side enough that the metal from the lamp fuses with the contact and eventually develops a gap where the metal on the lamp contact bends and goes into the porcelain.  We always make sure the lamp is seated fully and check that the springs are still applying pressure to the connections.

Is anyone else having this problem?  Does it seem likely that we got a bad batch of lamps or is it more of a design problem?

Thanks,
Mat

Parents
  • We've never had that issue.. Are your using the 575W lamps? If your sure it's nothing else like the power supply then it sounds like the problem has to be the lamps.. Is there any smoke or anything?
  • I'm having a similar issue with 3 Source Fours. We are not sure if it's due to bad bulbs, but we've had three fixtures (two purchased a year apart from one).

In fact, I need a good source for parts (hint hint - any ideas in the Southern California?)

The gold contacts (part #W330-01) on all are shot, and the ceramic bracket (part #W330-02) on two are no good.

We never really thought it could be due to a bad bulb, so we never kept them around.

• I'm having a similar issue with 3 Source Fours. We are not sure if it's due to bad bulbs, but we've had three fixtures (two purchased a year apart from one).

In fact, I need a good source for parts (hint hint - any ideas in the Southern California?)

The gold contacts (part #W330-01) on all are shot, and the ceramic bracket (part #W330-02) on two are no good.

We never really thought it could be due to a bad bulb, so we never kept them around.

Children
No Data
Related