S4 Rev. LED??

Is their going to be any development for a LED Revolution?

J

• Hello John, Thanks for the question. While all I can say is that ETC is always working on new and exciting products, this would probably be a good opportunity for me to ask you a question. What is it that you like about the Revolution that makes you want an LED version?
  • Ease of maintenance, the modular features and whilst I do believe that of course the VL1000TS is a great unit being its only real comparison (IMO) I love the quality of the Source 4! The bonus of the VL1000 which, only a few months ago, I was having this conversation with the LD of my last tour, it was the colour mixing that swung the choice of unit on that show. I love the Source 4 LED and the time spend developing the colour mixing system and I really think the Revolution could benefit from this especially in the smaller theatre and touring market!
  • Both the Revolution and the VL1000 have rather unfortunate color systems (the Revolution's gel scroll has some benefits, but it's quite limiting in a rep scenario; the VL1k has one of the worst CMY systems on the market).  An x7 engine would be a huge improvement over either.

Not sure the Series 2 is bright enough for what I would want in a moving light, but as the engine gets brighter...

~P

Related