Source 4 par lens storage

Does anyone have a super slick method of storage for the unused Source 4 par lenses?  It sems several people tend to divide them amongst the boxes they shipped in.  I am currently using an old two drawer file cabinet with the foam sheets between.  While I like this better than the array of boxes, I am seeking alternate ideas.

Parents
  • We've made custom plywood boxes for ours.  They are 34" by 7 1/2" (inside dimensions) and have six 1 1/2" x 3/4" blocks spaced on each side as dividers to keep the lenses upright.  There is also some foam (1/4") on the sides of the box.  Cut some handles in the ends and you get a nice manageable stackable box for your lenses.  We don't put anything between the lenses, they're not really all that delicate, or expensive.  I think you can fit 75-100 lenses in one of these boxes.
  • Mat,  I've mulled over your dimensions.  It seems they are incomplete.  I also don't understand how the 1 1/2" x 3/4" blocks serve as dividers.
Reply Children
  • Inside dimensions 34" (L) x 7 1/2" (W) x 7 1/2" (H).  The height is less important depending on you plan to store the boxes and what your supply of scrap lumber looks like.  For that matter the length could be pretty much anything too.  The outside dimensions will depend on what you build them out of, I think ours are 1/2" plywood.  The blocks are just spaced on the sides to keep the lenses from tipping over.  A 5" or so space will keep the lenses pretty well in order regardless of how many might be in that space.  The lenses stand on edge between the blocks.

Let me know if it's still unclear and I can either draft something up quick or a take a picture.  (I'll be on vacation for a couple of weeks though.) 

Related