ColourSource Spot - dmx issue

I have just taken delivery of 12 new Colour Source Spot units. I am experiencing a strange dmx issue on power up or down. When the units are powered down and then up again, the dmx address on random units is changing, but only by a figure of one. For example a unit addressed to 55 will slip to 54 or increase to 56 and therefore not be controllable. Has anyone else experienced this? They are being used in a brand new build, so I can't rule out power issues or problems with the building dmx infrastructure, however, does anyone have an explanation for what could be causing this.

Parents
  • Hi Elementmog,
    exactly the same here. Some of the 20 brandnew Colorsource fixtures wil have its startadress increased or decreased by one digit when powered-up after powerdown.
    They are adressed from a splitter, just maybe it has to do with RDM? The splitter starts up at the same time as the fixtures.
    I'll try tomorrow to power-up with direct feed from the console and post back if this solves the issue for me.
  • Very useful to know. My suspicions were also about dodgy DMX and RDM, particularly as I am having other issues with some different units. The whole install is brand new, and I haven't had time to work out how the dmx is distributed, other than I have 8 dmx outputs in the room controlled from a patch elsewhere in the building.
  • Hello,
    I apologize for the issue you are seeing in your ColorSource Fixtures. You have found a bug that came to our attention recently that has to do with changes being made to the fixtures configuration while a previous save is still storing itself in the fixture. The fix for this will be in the next build of ColorSource software which is scheduled for an early 2016 release.

Until then, you can try the following work around. If you set the DMX address to a number 1 away from what you are planning on and let the screen time out, that should signal the save has been made. At that point, you can adjust the DMX address to the correct number and it should then store appropriately.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and hope that the work around gets you what you need for now.

Have a good day,
    Jim Uphoff
    Fixtures Product Manager- ETC
  • Hello,
    I apologize for the issue you are seeing in your ColorSource Fixtures. You have found a bug that came to our attention recently that has to do with changes being made to the fixtures configuration while a previous save is still storing itself in the fixture. The fix for this will be in the next build of ColorSource software which is scheduled for an early 2016 release.

Until then, you can try the following work around. If you set the DMX address to a number 1 away from what you are planning on and let the screen time out, that should signal the save has been made. At that point, you can adjust the DMX address to the correct number and it should then store appropriately.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and hope that the work around gets you what you need for now.

Have a good day,
    Jim Uphoff
    Fixtures Product Manager- ETC
Children
Related