Elation Rayzor Q7 questions, not etc, but...

I know this is not related to ask etc fixture, but figured there would be someone who would know this stuff. My church runs a handful of Elation Rayzor Q7 fixtures. Currently I can move them and change the color. Reading the specs on the light, I see that there is a strobe effect and 4 individual lighting zones. I have no idea how to access those however. Can someone help me out with this?

Parents
  • I followed the directions to a T and I have nothing, lost control of all the fixtures. The only word thing I came across is that I can't delete macros from mother 1, as soon as I get to it, it greys out. In mother 2, I am deleting EVERYTHING except macro, including macros 2 and effect macros
    A little more confusion. Select all Rayzor channels at enter. This removed the channel patch from them? Then I am going in and just selecting the first Rayzor channel, not all of them?
  • I followed the directions to a T and I have nothing, lost control of all the fixtures. The only word thing I came across is that I can't delete macros from mother 1, as soon as I get to it, it greys out. In mother 2, I am deleting EVERYTHING except macro, including macros 2 and effect macros
    A little more confusion. Select all Rayzor channels at enter. This removed the channel patch from them? Then I am going in and just selecting the first Rayzor channel, not all of them?
Children
  • ok, you're right about the Macros step. in a current software version i don't think that it should be greyed out however. but when you try to delete it should tell you you can't delete because of Lamp Controls. so you would then look for the softkey Lamp Controls. there will one single line in there, which you can delete (softkey) and then Return. you should be now be able to delete Macros. so that should settle all the mother1 issues.
    in mother2 i found something else i haven't accounted for: when you have deleted all parameters except Macros, you have to move over to the column DMX where it probably still says 29. put 1 in there.

yes, you only leave Macro in mother 2, not Macro2 nor EffectMacros

the select all issue: you can't do everything for all channels at the same time. that's why is said you would have to repeat. i meant that you would have to repeat the steps for all your fixtures: create the channels with the different types and address them according to the numbers you written down.
Related