HPL 575/115 vs. HPL 575/120

Other than the obvious, what's the difference between ETC Part# RT113 and RT115, (and RT114&RT171; RT196&HPL750/120X)?  Seems incredulous that the exact same performance can be expected from lamps of different voltages.
Parents
  • It is indeed just the rated voltage.

The voltage of the supply greatly affects the performance and lifetime of lamps, therefore there are variants designed to be run at different supply voltages to enable sites to purchase lamps that match their usual site supply voltage.

Remember that the 'Nominal Volts' of your supply may not match the real voltage you see - my nominal voltage is 230VAC, but I have seen it rise to 250VAC!

For example:

• If your site supply is actually 120VAC and you use 115V lamps, they will be slightly brighter than spec but have a shorter lifetime.
    • If you use 120V lamps on a supply of 115VAC, they will be a bit dimmer than spec and have a longer lifetime.
    Make sense?
  • It is indeed just the rated voltage.

The voltage of the supply greatly affects the performance and lifetime of lamps, therefore there are variants designed to be run at different supply voltages to enable sites to purchase lamps that match their usual site supply voltage.

Remember that the 'Nominal Volts' of your supply may not match the real voltage you see - my nominal voltage is 230VAC, but I have seen it rise to 250VAC!

For example:

• If your site supply is actually 120VAC and you use 115V lamps, they will be slightly brighter than spec but have a shorter lifetime.
    • If you use 120V lamps on a supply of 115VAC, they will be a bit dimmer than spec and have a longer lifetime.
    Make sense?
Children
No Data
Related