Older S4 has problems when in focus with a 36 degree

I just started out at a new company and I've noticed that the older S4 fixtures are bleeding when you shutter the beam at a hard edge.  It looks like the shadow of the tabs holding the lens inside the tube is showing up outside of the shutter cut.  I also can't seem to get them to a nice uniform hard edge.  I've gotten some of the fixtures to actually focus on all four tabs which seems wierd to me.  Anything I can do to remedy this?  I've tried using differect version of lens tubes and they all give me the bleed.

Thanks!

Liam

• Have you tried adjusting the reflector?

I had a similar problem with the 36 deg and if all else fails a cut of frost is very helpful

• your fixtures need to be alined properly, the lamp is not in the right place either too far in or out. try loosening up the two knobs on the back of the fixture. the little one moves the lamp back and forth in the reflector the larger one that is a wing nut lets you move the lamp around in the reflector. your lamps are probably low and too far in to the reflector. you should be able to get a very nice beam out of the s4.

if you cant turn the wing nut, you might have to replace some parts.

Related