S4 Rev as followspot?

I have any idea, and was wondering if anyone has some insight.

The Rev has smooth Pan / Tilt and the whole thing can be controlled from the console. Will there be any problems if I disconnect the pan and tilt motors and use it as a followspot? I've done this with Mac 2k's and attached a handle to to the back. Am I crazy for wanting to try this? Also note they will still be in a hanging position, and not set up like a normal followspot.

Kirk

Parents
  • You're not crazy, but I want to ask: what features of the Revolution do you feel you need that cannot be accomplished in another, less expensive manner? To me, this seems like a waste of a perfectly good moving light.  City Theatrical makes many accessories to assist a standard SourceFour be used as a followspot.  One can still control intensity from the console.  Shutters would be difficult to control remotely on a followspot.  An iris is more useful, but is probably just as good (if not better) controlled by the operator.  If required, a DMX iris, scroller, and even gobo changer could be added to a standard SourceFour.

Having said all of the above, my favorite "semi-automated followspot" was always a Cyberlight with the mirror removed.

• You're not crazy, but I want to ask: what features of the Revolution do you feel you need that cannot be accomplished in another, less expensive manner? To me, this seems like a waste of a perfectly good moving light.  City Theatrical makes many accessories to assist a standard SourceFour be used as a followspot.  One can still control intensity from the console.  Shutters would be difficult to control remotely on a followspot.  An iris is more useful, but is probably just as good (if not better) controlled by the operator.  If required, a DMX iris, scroller, and even gobo changer could be added to a standard SourceFour.

Having said all of the above, my favorite "semi-automated followspot" was always a Cyberlight with the mirror removed.

Children
No Data
Related