Source Four PAR gel retainer clip

so, a week ago we had a gel frame burning incident directly caused by the flat gel retainer clip on the source four pars (ours are from 2004/05 product run) being unable to hold the gel frame in the runners when the orientation is straight down

all of the current paperwork off the site for the par shows a hooked gel retainer clip, is the current product run shipping with hooked clips?? if so is the part number listed (7060A3100) a hooked gel retainer clip, if so im going to push my PM to order them for all of my inventory to replace the flat clips (which were a terrible design choice to make if you ask me)

Parents
  • after further investigation I have found (through direct experimentation) that the gel retaining clip from a Source 4 Zoom fits into and works in the par perfectly, and will hopefully be switching my inventory over to zoom clips in the near future

out of curiosity does anyone see any reason that I am overlooking that would cause problems down the road, as far as I can figure any accessory (scroller etc) should be able to fit under the clip

• The Source Four ERS assembly guide shows a different part number for the clip than the Source Four PAR assembly guide. The correct clips cost just $0.71 each at BMI Supply, Part Number #7060A3100.

I admit I'm a little curious as to what the difference is between Part #7060A3100 and Part #3060A3079 (the latter being what's listed as the gel retainer clip for the ERS, the former being for the PAR).

Any of your local ETC dealers should be able to get the parts for you if you give them a call and let them know how many you need.

• mnicolai said:
    I admit I'm a little curious as to what the difference is between Part #7060A3100 and Part #3060A3079 (the latter being what's listed as the gel retainer clip for the ERS, the former being for the PAR).

(Correction in Mike's part number: it should read 7060A3079 not 3060A3079)

The Source Four PAR, PARNel, and Zoom all use the 7060A3100 for their gel clip in current shipping hardware.

Source Four Ellipsoidal fixtures excluding Jr. and Zoom use the 7060A3079 for their gel clip in current shipping hardware.

The difference between the two is that the 3100 part is bent at a 90 degree angle, where the 3079 part is bent at a 30(ish) degree angle from where it connects to the fixture.

The original "Flat Clip" (Part 7061A3005) is no longer used in the PAR assembly, but is still used in the Source Four Jr.

I hope that helps clear up the confusion.

• There's a small dimensional difference between the two - couple of drawings here :

7060A3079

7060A3100

The distance that's 0.75" on the 7060A3100 is 0.58" on the 7060A3079. There might be a difference in the holes in the casting that means one might not fully slide over in the other casting.

If you are ordering replacement clips, I would order the 7060A3100. That's the part currently used in the S4PAR production, it is hooked and should work well for you.

-Tom

• There's a small dimensional difference between the two - couple of drawings here :

7060A3079

7060A3100

The distance that's 0.75" on the 7060A3100 is 0.58" on the 7060A3079. There might be a difference in the holes in the casting that means one might not fully slide over in the other casting.

If you are ordering replacement clips, I would order the 7060A3100. That's the part currently used in the S4PAR production, it is hooked and should work well for you.

-Tom

Children
No Data
Related