Source 4 Caps

I recently started working with a local high school to maintain their lighting inventory
After looking through their broken fixtures, I determined 12 of them required new sockets.
My issue is that I need to determine if these fixtures require the lamp retainer upgrade to utilize the newer sockets.

The fixtures have no date of manufacture on them. They are listed as only being able to use the 575W HPL, and do not currently have lamp retainers.

I assume all this adds up to requiring the upgrade, but just wanted to check before I took that jump with the budget.

Random related question: what changed between the old caps and the new that made the new sockets incompatible?

Parents
  • (Correct me, if I'm wrong)

The big difference is in the size of the bottom of the porcelain. The newer 1-piece sockets are a little bigger.  Nothing a Dremel and/or nipper can't fix.  You just need to remove a little bit of the casting.  

There are some other small changes...they don't paint the casting anymore, lamp retainer clip, etc, but they aren't critical

• (Correct me, if I'm wrong)

The big difference is in the size of the bottom of the porcelain. The newer 1-piece sockets are a little bigger.  Nothing a Dremel and/or nipper can't fix.  You just need to remove a little bit of the casting.  

There are some other small changes...they don't paint the casting anymore, lamp retainer clip, etc, but they aren't critical

Children
No Data
Related