Revolution Won't Focus

Hi all, Just replaced a faulty power supply in my Source Four Revolution. All went well except for one thing. The unti won't focus now. I see that the focus control is trying to do something as I try to focus it from the light board, but nothing even close to focus is attainable. Is this possibly related to the fact that I put in a new power supply, or is it just coincidence that this is happening at this moment? Anyone suggest any possible fixes for this issue? Thanks so much, Tim at U.C. Berkeley.

• Any idea what caused the power supply to fail?  Depending on what happened, it's possible the card that controls the lens movement was also damaged at the same time.  If you look in the front of the fixture, you should see two lenses that move when you change focus and zoom settings (this may be easier to see with the fixture's intensity set to 5%).  If one or both of the lenses doesn't move, then there may be a problem with that card.

If they both move, then you'll want to check to make sure that the Internal Media Frame isn't getting stuck with the diffusion in.  This is something that can usually be fixed with a little bit of adjustment. 

As always, feel free to call phone support for further help with troubleshooting: 1-800-688-4116

Related