S4 Lens barrel screws

Hi ETC

I've got S4 from 1997 and earlier.  During maintenance we discovered that a lens barrel (36deg) had longer screws holding it together than I had in stock (part # HW369).

This particular barrel had only 6 glides, not 8, and I couldn't find a revision number on it.

The point where the screw passes through the barrel structure is thicker than on other, older barrels, once we did a side-by-side comparison of the barrels.

What is the part number for this particular screw, and what are the specs on it?

Thanks

Andrew Riter

Chan Centre for the Performing Arts.

• The HW369 specs are: SCR 8-32  X 5/8 Ph PH MS BO

I will ask around to found out what the older units used as I have no idea

Sincerely,

Mike

• Hi Andrew,

in 1996, we were using for the S4 36° Lens Tube:  

4x HW391 --- Screw, 8-32 x 3/4 phPHMS B/Z

8x 7060A4012 --- Lens Pad Support

6x 7060A4009 --- Bushing Guides

around 1997, we started using for the S4 36° Lens Tube:

4x HW369 --- Screw, 8-32 x 5/8 PhPHMS BO

10x 7060A4012 --- Lens Pad Support

8x 7060A4009 --- Bushing Guides

around 2006, we started using for the S4 36° Lens Tube:

4x HW3154 --- Screw, 8-32 x 5/8 PhPHMS BO Taptit B/Z Waxed

10x 7060A4012 --- Lens Pad Support

8x 7060A4009 --- Bushing Guides

The HW369 is a machine screw and required a nut for assembly.

The HW3154 is a thread forming screw that threads into the casting so no nut is needed.

If the S4 had the HW369 screw + nut, then those need to be used for replacing,

because the screw hole in the tube would be too large for the current HW3154 screw.

We can supply all the above parts.

Hope that helps!

[edited by: corey at 4:52 PM (GMT -6) on Mon, Aug 1 2011]
  • Thanks very much

FYI, the email i received of your reply was missing the 4 lines describing the difference between the 369 and the 3154.  The email did include your last 2 lines. (supply, HTH).

I gotta ask, though:

In the process of updating and improving a long life product like a S4, I can see making significant changes to portions of the lamp (better leads, reflectors with updates, etc).  I don't understand changing screw sizes by one eigth of an inch, like for the lense tubes or the screws for the iris slot cover (yes I found that one too, a few years ago).

As a user stocking parts for repair, discovering the hard way that I DON'T have the correct screw, it can be a little frustrating. 

The screw without the nut, I can see the advantange (having tried to get the screw on the nut through the gel clip steel).  Changing a screw size by such a small amount???? 

I like ETC, I like the customer service, I'm just saying little changes like this is annoying, difficult, frustrating (insert griping here) . . .

Thanks for the response.  I'll have to order a dozen now.

Andrew Riter

Chan Centre for the Performing Arts.

Related