ETC C-Clamps

I can buy whole new C-Clamps and spuds (ETC brand) from my local supplier.  But can I buy only the spud unit (the shaft between the lamp yoke and clamp)?

There are many spuds where the pan nut has drilled in and dug across the circumfrance of the spud.  It's not worth buying a whole new c-clamp when I only need a part.

Other than grinding the spud (which I've already done once), is there another solution?

Thanks

Andrew Riter

Chan Centre

Parents
  • Hello Andrew,

Despite the fact the ETC does have a part number for the C-clamp stud; it is not sold as an individual item. ETC buys the entire C-Clamp with the stud from a 3rd party who does the casting with the ETC logo. These are fairly standard so you might find another supplier that will sell just the stud. 

You might want to address not tightening this nut to the point of causing the problem you are having :-) {Edited as my pal Tracy tells me that the ETC doc's do recommend using the screw. This is what happens when you are in management to long}

Sorry I could not be of more help

Mike

[edited by: mmeskill at 7:32 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Aug 1 2011]
  • Hello Andrew,

Despite the fact the ETC does have a part number for the C-clamp stud; it is not sold as an individual item. ETC buys the entire C-Clamp with the stud from a 3rd party who does the casting with the ETC logo. These are fairly standard so you might find another supplier that will sell just the stud. 

You might want to address not tightening this nut to the point of causing the problem you are having :-) {Edited as my pal Tracy tells me that the ETC doc's do recommend using the screw. This is what happens when you are in management to long}

Sorry I could not be of more help

Mike

[edited by: mmeskill at 7:32 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Aug 1 2011]
Children
Related