S4 Lamp cosine, peak, flat

HI

i found some sheets about Gel life in S4s.
I do understand the focus options of the lens tube but what about the lamp.
There are different options like cosine, peak and flat.

I've read the "S4 peak and cosine fields" pdf, but i still need to understand how to make the different in adjusting the lamp

Any Help?

Thanks a lot

Lukas

Parents
  • Lukas,

On the back of a fixture you have a set of lamp lamp focus knobs.  the larger ring with 2 "ears" allows you to adjust the side to side and the Up and down position to place the filament in the center of the beam. Loosening the ring and moving the device around and retighening to lock it down. 

Peak and Flat fields are adjusted with the inner "knob". It is just like a bolt.  Tightening this knob pulls the lamp towards the back of the fixture, loosening the knob pushes the lamp towards the front of the fixture.  The position of the lamp forward or backwards in relation to the reflector affects how even or flat the light distribution is in the beam.

Greg Thomas - Techincal Services

• Lukas,

On the back of a fixture you have a set of lamp lamp focus knobs.  the larger ring with 2 "ears" allows you to adjust the side to side and the Up and down position to place the filament in the center of the beam. Loosening the ring and moving the device around and retighening to lock it down. 

Peak and Flat fields are adjusted with the inner "knob". It is just like a bolt.  Tightening this knob pulls the lamp towards the back of the fixture, loosening the knob pushes the lamp towards the front of the fixture.  The position of the lamp forward or backwards in relation to the reflector affects how even or flat the light distribution is in the beam.

Greg Thomas - Techincal Services

Children
Related