Colorsource spot jr dimming curve work around?

Is there a work around for the dimming curve Algorithm inside the unit? My theater works very heavily on sub masters do to the nature of our shows. The dimming curve algorithm in these lights is very unpredictable when using faders. Does anyone know of a way to disable it and/or a work around?

I am using an ETC puck with fader wing for control.

Thanks!

Parents
  • This is so annoying. Controlling how the fixture behaves is the reason why we have consoles.
    This is supposed to be a Theatrical  Fixture. As professionals, we tend to know how we want our fixtures to behave - and we normally know how to use our consoles. If ETC start to make lighting for the amateurs, that hinders the professionals at work, they should point that out in the documentation (and lose the "professional").

It shouldn't be that much of a problem to make that "feature" optional. Perhaps just have a separate line of firmware without it.
    As it is, I have a bunch of unusable hardware.

This topic is more than a year old. Can anyone at ETC comment on s question please?

• This is so annoying. Controlling how the fixture behaves is the reason why we have consoles.
    This is supposed to be a Theatrical  Fixture. As professionals, we tend to know how we want our fixtures to behave - and we normally know how to use our consoles. If ETC start to make lighting for the amateurs, that hinders the professionals at work, they should point that out in the documentation (and lose the "professional").

It shouldn't be that much of a problem to make that "feature" optional. Perhaps just have a separate line of firmware without it.
    As it is, I have a bunch of unusable hardware.

This topic is more than a year old. Can anyone at ETC comment on s question please?

Children
No Data
Related