Lustr 2 dimming snap out

We've had Lustr 2 fixtures for a long while now and they've always had a bit of a snap out on the low end as they dim out. I've always used the 10 channel (I think its 10??) QS General profile for them. Just recently updated the consoles to 3.2 software, which asked if I wanted to update the profile for the Lustr fixtures. It promised a better dimming curve and some other stuff. It truly feels like the snap out has gotten worse. What all was done to the Lustr 2 fixture profile in the recent library updates? Is there firmware that goes better with that profile? It looks like its 8 bit dimming, but the fade up always feels nice and smooth. The dim out truly is bad. We did not address this during show tech so I am stuck with what I have for this show, but I need to find a solution going forward. I'd like to know the history of the software/firmware for these fixtures.

And yes of course I have tried the slow bottom curve on the cues when its really noticeable, but it does not seem to be helping.

Parents
  • Hi Angie,

Eos profiles do not modify fixture dimming curves, but they can include color calibration for greater accuracy, which may have been what was reported.

The fixture itself has curve settings, and the QS General mode uses the "standard" dimming curve, which has some smoothing to it. However, there is also an "incandescent" curve (which is the default in QS Stage but can be set manually in the fixture's advanced settings) that has a great deal more smoothing applied. Also, just because I need to confirm: do you have the relays powering your fixtures assigned as a part of the channel you're controlling them with? If you do, power will be cut to the fixtures before their fade can complete, which would result in a noticeable jump.

The timeline of fixture software updates can be found in the Setup Versions menu in Updaterator, which is the software tool that will allow you to update your fixtures if desired.

• Hi Angie,

Eos profiles do not modify fixture dimming curves, but they can include color calibration for greater accuracy, which may have been what was reported.

The fixture itself has curve settings, and the QS General mode uses the "standard" dimming curve, which has some smoothing to it. However, there is also an "incandescent" curve (which is the default in QS Stage but can be set manually in the fixture's advanced settings) that has a great deal more smoothing applied. Also, just because I need to confirm: do you have the relays powering your fixtures assigned as a part of the channel you're controlling them with? If you do, power will be cut to the fixtures before their fade can complete, which would result in a noticeable jump.

The timeline of fixture software updates can be found in the Setup Versions menu in Updaterator, which is the software tool that will allow you to update your fixtures if desired.

Children
No Data
Related