Serial control

It would be AWESOME if Axon could control RS-232 devices like video switchers (a la Catalyst) via DMX.

The D-Teks are great, but more than 6 Inputs and 6 Outputs becomes impractical with them.
Parents
  • Well, the D-TEK video switcher is DMX contolled and had 4 inputs and 4 outputs. It is really great for most small scale stuff.

www.highend.com/products/digital_lighting/dmixpro.asp

You can link two together to get 6 inputs and 6 outputs, but after that linking them becomes really unweildly.

For most applications 4-6 outputs is OK, but many more inputs are needed.

There are quite a number of S-video switchers out there that can be controlled via RS-232. I've seen specs on customizable matrix-es of up to 256 inputs by 256 outputs (can you imagine:eek: )

I've never really had need of more than 16 x 16 yet, but I'm sure the day will come when I do.
  • Well, the D-TEK video switcher is DMX contolled and had 4 inputs and 4 outputs. It is really great for most small scale stuff.

www.highend.com/products/digital_lighting/dmixpro.asp

You can link two together to get 6 inputs and 6 outputs, but after that linking them becomes really unweildly.

For most applications 4-6 outputs is OK, but many more inputs are needed.

There are quite a number of S-video switchers out there that can be controlled via RS-232. I've seen specs on customizable matrix-es of up to 256 inputs by 256 outputs (can you imagine:eek: )

I've never really had need of more than 16 x 16 yet, but I'm sure the day will come when I do.
Children
No Data