IP Address

We need a way to set the IP address to a fixed value. Especially with CITP on the scene. It was an inconvenience to not be able to get Art-net to work because the axon defaults to a non-artnet compatible IP address. Now with the media picker relying on console communication over the fixture net we need this basic functionality that has been missing for far too long.
  • Hey Billy,

you can set the address of the fixturen-net from console to same range as the self given IPs the Axon will get. 169.254.xxx.xxx (when I remember correct) with a 255.255.0.0. subnet
    Also most of other art-net gear can be set to this range and will work, there is no need to work only in a 2.x.x.x or 10.x.x.x range, even if this the common IP-range.
    Within the CMA you can then get the IP per Axon.
  • Marc,

Yes, I know. That doesn't excuse the lack of this setting on the Axon. So now I have to readdress 20+ other pieces of gear to work around the lack of a basic setting on the Axon. A basic setting that I know the operating system has, and provides easy access to.
    Also, there are times when I have to work in venues where I have to use houselight control via artnet. I am NOT going to reconfigure a venues nodes. I also cannot put a router on their network.
  • Hey Billy,

I´m with you, this is missing!
    I had also chats about this issue.

Just thought you where thinking that if you would like to use artnet that it has to be a 2.x.x.x or 10.x.x.x range.