DMX Status Light

Hey guys, how about a DMX status LED on the face of the unit. I notice that when I power up axon without DMX signal flowing, I have to restart to get it to recognize DMX once the conole is online.
Parents
  • I realize this is an old thread, but I have noticed the same thing on our Axons. If DMX is not present when they boot, and then is connected later, they will not respond to it. I have to boot (or reboot) them with the console running or they don't do anything. This is confirmed in the DMX viewer. If I boot them with no DMX and then start the console (hog IPC) and play a cue, they will not respond and dmx viewer shows 0 for most parameters. I don't touch the console and only reboot the axons, and they come back up playing the cue correctly. They are running the most recent release of software 1.3.3 I believe with the 2.05 XPE image.
    The DMX status light does come on though.

I assume this is not intended behavior, as it is very annoying. :aargh4:

Billy
  • I realize this is an old thread, but I have noticed the same thing on our Axons. If DMX is not present when they boot, and then is connected later, they will not respond to it. I have to boot (or reboot) them with the console running or they don't do anything. This is confirmed in the DMX viewer. If I boot them with no DMX and then start the console (hog IPC) and play a cue, they will not respond and dmx viewer shows 0 for most parameters. I don't touch the console and only reboot the axons, and they come back up playing the cue correctly. They are running the most recent release of software 1.3.3 I believe with the 2.05 XPE image.
    The DMX status light does come on though.

I assume this is not intended behavior, as it is very annoying. :aargh4:

Billy
Children
No Data