Hi

I'm intrested in buying some kind of media server - Axon / catalyst

Could anybody let me know the main difference between the two
pro's and con's of each system
What one can do that the other can't etc

cheers

K
Parents
  • The largest single PRO for the Axon is that it is the identical graphics engine (and DMX profile!) as the DL.2s. This offers huge advantages when programming both for the same show, as the two (Axon and DL.2) can be controlled in an identical fashion and that palettes recorded on one also apply to the other.

The Content Management Application (CMA) can also be used to manage graphic content on all of the devices, which is very helpful.

The Catalyst is probably considered by many to be a much more full-featured media server at this point. It's been under development for some time, and new features continue to be added on a regular basis.

I do not know how to compare the two price-wise.

Hope this helps a little.

Phil
  • The largest single PRO for the Axon is that it is the identical graphics engine (and DMX profile!) as the DL.2s. This offers huge advantages when programming both for the same show, as the two (Axon and DL.2) can be controlled in an identical fashion and that palettes recorded on one also apply to the other.

The Content Management Application (CMA) can also be used to manage graphic content on all of the devices, which is very helpful.

The Catalyst is probably considered by many to be a much more full-featured media server at this point. It's been under development for some time, and new features continue to be added on a regular basis.

I do not know how to compare the two price-wise.

Hope this helps a little.

Phil
Children
No Data