Hi

I'm intrested in buying some kind of media server - Axon / catalyst

Could anybody let me know the main difference between the two
pro's and con's of each system
What one can do that the other can't etc

cheers

K
Parents
  • [quote=SourceChild]It was not meant to confuse only show that Catalyst has multiple inputs that Axon does not and that Catalyst is on track for those inputs to be HD.

It wouldn't surprise me a single bit though if a newer version of DL.2 came out with an SDI camera built in and an SDI caputre card in it's computer....sooner or later they will have to put in a new motherboard when the chipsets advance, my guess would be a newer PCI Express architecture SDI card.....thereby eliminating the S-video altogether and replacing it with HD
  • [quote=SourceChild]It was not meant to confuse only show that Catalyst has multiple inputs that Axon does not and that Catalyst is on track for those inputs to be HD.

It wouldn't surprise me a single bit though if a newer version of DL.2 came out with an SDI camera built in and an SDI caputre card in it's computer....sooner or later they will have to put in a new motherboard when the chipsets advance, my guess would be a newer PCI Express architecture SDI card.....thereby eliminating the S-video altogether and replacing it with HD
Children
No Data