Hi

I'm intrested in buying some kind of media server - Axon / catalyst

Could anybody let me know the main difference between the two
pro's and con's of each system
What one can do that the other can't etc

cheers

K
Parents
  • When it's cost versus technology, I still think the best way to address getting a signal to a projector from a media server is to use VidOIP solution. There are several HD-SDI VidOIP solutions and there are also plenty of DVI and VGA solutions.
    Considering cost and ease of distribution Cat5e or Cat6 is so much easier to run than Coax. Also cheaper, lighter, more reliable, easier to troubleshoot.
    I could theoretically have a bundle of 20 Cat5e Cables running down an 80 meter truss to 10 DL1, DL2, Projectors etc and the cost is cheaper that an alternative. Furthermore, I can run redundant lines to each drop to make sure I have a backup.
    When cost, weight, size, ease of use are evaluated, it is always easier. Furthermore, USITT has approved that Cat5e and CAT6 for DMX. Therefore, someone buying a ton of Cat5 or 6 could simply have ether-con to XLR adaptors in the event cross utilization is needed.
  • When it's cost versus technology, I still think the best way to address getting a signal to a projector from a media server is to use VidOIP solution. There are several HD-SDI VidOIP solutions and there are also plenty of DVI and VGA solutions.
    Considering cost and ease of distribution Cat5e or Cat6 is so much easier to run than Coax. Also cheaper, lighter, more reliable, easier to troubleshoot.
    I could theoretically have a bundle of 20 Cat5e Cables running down an 80 meter truss to 10 DL1, DL2, Projectors etc and the cost is cheaper that an alternative. Furthermore, I can run redundant lines to each drop to make sure I have a backup.
    When cost, weight, size, ease of use are evaluated, it is always easier. Furthermore, USITT has approved that Cat5e and CAT6 for DMX. Therefore, someone buying a ton of Cat5 or 6 could simply have ether-con to XLR adaptors in the event cross utilization is needed.
Children
No Data