Hi

I'm intrested in buying some kind of media server - Axon / catalyst

Could anybody let me know the main difference between the two
pro's and con's of each system
What one can do that the other can't etc

cheers

K
Parents
  • But doesn't SDI want a different spec coax cable? I have been told it does. Its defiantly a high bandwidth data stream that needs lots of throughput. It seems like that is something equivalent to using cheap xlr for dmx instead of something made for it. It may work, but one day it might not.

I also agree with the Cat5/6. I think it is excellent because of the flexibility, smaller wire and the cost. I think in the next rendition of the DL2 or whatever comes next should use the baluns built in with the ethercon connection, but also have a 5 wire in and maybe an sdi. It seems a lot of projectors are coming now with DVI which is also an excellent way to get video into them and you can also use cat5 baluns.
  • But doesn't SDI want a different spec coax cable? I have been told it does. Its defiantly a high bandwidth data stream that needs lots of throughput. It seems like that is something equivalent to using cheap xlr for dmx instead of something made for it. It may work, but one day it might not.

I also agree with the Cat5/6. I think it is excellent because of the flexibility, smaller wire and the cost. I think in the next rendition of the DL2 or whatever comes next should use the baluns built in with the ethercon connection, but also have a 5 wire in and maybe an sdi. It seems a lot of projectors are coming now with DVI which is also an excellent way to get video into them and you can also use cat5 baluns.
Children
No Data