I'm intrested in buying some kind of media server - Axon / catalyst

Could anybody let me know the main difference between the two
pro's and con's of each system
What one can do that the other can't etc

cheers

K
Parents
  • Hi Tim,

The only standalone software I know of is Pixel-MAD, and that is now integrated into Catalyst v4. You may still be able to find stand-alone Pixel-MAD form AC lighting as they use it with the Chroma-Q Color Web system.

You will also need hardware to convert from the ArtNet output of the Pixel-MAD to the DMX required by your fixtures.

So the short answer is not with AXON. AXON is a great server, but will not do pixel-mapping.

In this particular case, you are much better off with Catalyst v4/Pixel-MAD. There are other servers out there that also have pixel-mapping in them, but they are not as easy to use or have the powerful feature-set of Catalyst.

You might be OK with the new "Lite" version even. Go to:
    www.samsc-pm.com
    for more info.

Hope this is helpful :)
  • Hi Tim,

The only standalone software I know of is Pixel-MAD, and that is now integrated into Catalyst v4. You may still be able to find stand-alone Pixel-MAD form AC lighting as they use it with the Chroma-Q Color Web system.

You will also need hardware to convert from the ArtNet output of the Pixel-MAD to the DMX required by your fixtures.

So the short answer is not with AXON. AXON is a great server, but will not do pixel-mapping.

In this particular case, you are much better off with Catalyst v4/Pixel-MAD. There are other servers out there that also have pixel-mapping in them, but they are not as easy to use or have the powerful feature-set of Catalyst.

You might be OK with the new "Lite" version even. Go to:
    www.samsc-pm.com
    for more info.

Hope this is helpful :)
Children
No Data