Axon PS2 / KVM

Name:Cormac jackson
Title:Kvm keyboard/Monitor
Date:23 january 2007
Axon Software:v1.3.1.1208
Connected Device's:
1/VGA/PS2 - KVM monitor/keyboard/touchpad
2/Dell monitor

Hi Can anyone give me any idea's on what could be stopping my PS2 keyboard/touchpad not working.

I have a combined KV Monitor/keyboard/Touchpad that i have connected via the CMA DVi port out and the 2 PS/2 connector's on the rear of the axon.
1/With an IPC console in HogIII mode i fully load my show so the axon is getting DMX.
2/Power up axon server with all device's connected.
3/the KVM keyboard and monitor blink and the led's come on briefly,
4/Monitor on the KVM is fine but the keyboard and touchpad don't respond at all.

I've tried another PS/2 keyboard that i use for my IPC and that is working in both PS/2 connectors on the axon and same deal,it blinks during startup but isn't active when axon is up.So i'm taking it the PS/2 connector's on my axon are not currently functioning correctly.
Do i need to turn the PS/2 connector's on the KVM into USB?
Is there way in the BIOS of axon to enable/disable PS/2 connection's or should i open the axon casing and see if all the internal connector's are in place?

Any idea's would be great or if someone could try a PS/2 device on there axon so i can narrow the issue down,i can still plug a usb keyboard mouse in for now but would be nice to resolve.

Regards C
Parents
  • Hi guys,

Make sure you are connecting PS2 devices ONLY when the Axon is off. If you plug them in while it is on they will not be recognized until you reboot.
    This is true for all PS2 no matter what your platform.

This is NOT true for USB devices, as they will be recognized shortly after they are connected as long as you have a driver for them.

Cormac - You can indeed purchase PS2-to-USB adapters at most decent electronics stores. Here's a link to one online to give you an idea:

www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=699613

Hope this helps. :)
  • Hi guys,

Make sure you are connecting PS2 devices ONLY when the Axon is off. If you plug them in while it is on they will not be recognized until you reboot.
    This is true for all PS2 no matter what your platform.

This is NOT true for USB devices, as they will be recognized shortly after they are connected as long as you have a driver for them.

Cormac - You can indeed purchase PS2-to-USB adapters at most decent electronics stores. Here's a link to one online to give you an idea:

www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=699613

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data