Using External Hard Drives

I noticed I can use my USB thumb drive with an axon server to put content on and remove from an Axon server. Does this mean I can use a USB 2.0 External Hard Drive with an Axon? Also, should I be cautious when I unplug my thumb drive/hard drive because there is no way to "eject" or "stop" the drive? Thanks!
Parents
  • Andrew,

Yes, it is possible to use a USB 2.0 hard drive, but because careful about powered vs. non-powered drives. I have a IOMEGA 2.5" 40GB USB hard drive that works with or without power, but I have seen other drives that will not work without power applied to them.

As far as ejecting drives, it is possible to do this as well. When browsing the "Local Drives" folder on the Axon, if you right click any where in the main pane of the CMA (the large pane on the right) there should be an option to eject all USB drives.

:ninja:
  • Andrew,

Yes, it is possible to use a USB 2.0 hard drive, but because careful about powered vs. non-powered drives. I have a IOMEGA 2.5" 40GB USB hard drive that works with or without power, but I have seen other drives that will not work without power applied to them.

As far as ejecting drives, it is possible to do this as well. When browsing the "Local Drives" folder on the Axon, if you right click any where in the main pane of the CMA (the large pane on the right) there should be an option to eject all USB drives.

:ninja:
Children
No Data