S-video convertors

Not sure if this is in the right forum but what are other user's changing the s-video input on axon into for higher spec camera's ,i know i can plug my simple canon camera into it and it's fine but what connector is more commonly used in AV world.

Regards C
Parents
  • Hi Cormac,

You can get different types of adapters that send S-video over differnt cables. Like Y/C which will use two BNC connectors, or Cat5 baluns that use standard Cat5 cables. But the signal protocol is the same.

If you want to use a different signal protocol or "type" then you need a piece of gear called a scan converter to change to whatever signal you might need. So an HD camera would need to be "scan converted" down to s-video signal (SDI to S-video). These things are not cheap though!

If you are looking to simply hook up say a DV camera to your S-video input, then a good piece of gear I can recommed is the DAC-100 by DataVideo. This will allow you to use a Firewire device (like a DV cam) to send S-video. It will also allow you to use composite signals as well.

Here's a link:

www.datavideo.us/products/dac_100_main_page.htm

I own one of these myself, and it's really great for most things. Works with both Mac and PC, so you can also use it with Catalyst.

Hope this helps.:)
  • Hi Cormac,

You can get different types of adapters that send S-video over differnt cables. Like Y/C which will use two BNC connectors, or Cat5 baluns that use standard Cat5 cables. But the signal protocol is the same.

If you want to use a different signal protocol or "type" then you need a piece of gear called a scan converter to change to whatever signal you might need. So an HD camera would need to be "scan converted" down to s-video signal (SDI to S-video). These things are not cheap though!

If you are looking to simply hook up say a DV camera to your S-video input, then a good piece of gear I can recommed is the DAC-100 by DataVideo. This will allow you to use a Firewire device (like a DV cam) to send S-video. It will also allow you to use composite signals as well.

Here's a link:

www.datavideo.us/products/dac_100_main_page.htm

I own one of these myself, and it's really great for most things. Works with both Mac and PC, so you can also use it with Catalyst.

Hope this helps.:)
Children
No Data