S-video convertors

Not sure if this is in the right forum but what are other user's changing the s-video input on axon into for higher spec camera's ,i know i can plug my simple canon camera into it and it's fine but what connector is more commonly used in AV world.

Regards C
Parents
  • I have never seen that, but i would guess they just have made a custom cable adapter.. Since cat5 has 4 pairs, and Y/C only needs two pairs, I would guess you can just use the first two pairs for send, and the last two pairs for return.. It will be like a 1xcat5 to 2xS-video..

-There might be some recomandations about which pair to use for what, since the cat 5e cable has some specs when regarding noise and how the cable is twisted that fases out the noise.(I don't know the details, but if i had to guess, i would have have wired it as the cat 5e, siince that also is two pairs for send, and two pairs for receive)
  • I have never seen that, but i would guess they just have made a custom cable adapter.. Since cat5 has 4 pairs, and Y/C only needs two pairs, I would guess you can just use the first two pairs for send, and the last two pairs for return.. It will be like a 1xcat5 to 2xS-video..

-There might be some recomandations about which pair to use for what, since the cat 5e cable has some specs when regarding noise and how the cable is twisted that fases out the noise.(I don't know the details, but if i had to guess, i would have have wired it as the cat 5e, siince that also is two pairs for send, and two pairs for receive)
Children
No Data