Audio

Hey can anyone tell me if you can run audio clips from the Axon:1zhelp: ? I have triggered media clips with audio via Catalyst, but was wondering if there is an audio out on the Axon and is so, have HES placed a audio play forward setting to use this function?:phone:

if not, i think it would be a great feature to add so that it could possibly be used on some events coming up.:poke:
Parents
  • I think having audio playback on AXON could be very useful.

I agree with Frank that probably the best way to keep the functions separate would be to add another "fixture" to be patched ie "Axon Audio" profile.

Additionally it would be great if we could playback DVD footage directly form the drive on the AXON and output video and audio. Possibly by assigning the DVD drive as an input device that the AXON would need to switch to.

Like s-video vs camera on DL.2....add an option for DVD....I realize this lives in the Motion portion of DL.2 which is not patched in AXON, but maybe this could be part of a new fixture profile "part" if you will to be patched.

Also just to clarify Quicktime .mov files will not work on AXON.....only MPEG-2 (.mov is used in Catalyst), so unless new file types are recognized by AXON/DL.2 I imagine it would need to be an MPEG-2 audio only file. Or two versions of your content. One with video only for the DL.2s and one with video + audio (or just audio) for the AXON.

This does not even address a possible Audio Input though, so again we would need a parameter that would switch between internal vs external audio sources

I have also requested serial control of devices like video switchers:
    forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=3401

So maybe this could all be lumped into one profile called AXON Server or something.
  • I think having audio playback on AXON could be very useful.

I agree with Frank that probably the best way to keep the functions separate would be to add another "fixture" to be patched ie "Axon Audio" profile.

Additionally it would be great if we could playback DVD footage directly form the drive on the AXON and output video and audio. Possibly by assigning the DVD drive as an input device that the AXON would need to switch to.

Like s-video vs camera on DL.2....add an option for DVD....I realize this lives in the Motion portion of DL.2 which is not patched in AXON, but maybe this could be part of a new fixture profile "part" if you will to be patched.

Also just to clarify Quicktime .mov files will not work on AXON.....only MPEG-2 (.mov is used in Catalyst), so unless new file types are recognized by AXON/DL.2 I imagine it would need to be an MPEG-2 audio only file. Or two versions of your content. One with video only for the DL.2s and one with video + audio (or just audio) for the AXON.

This does not even address a possible Audio Input though, so again we would need a parameter that would switch between internal vs external audio sources

I have also requested serial control of devices like video switchers:
    forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=3401

So maybe this could all be lumped into one profile called AXON Server or something.
Children
No Data