Audio

Hey can anyone tell me if you can run audio clips from the Axon:1zhelp: ? I have triggered media clips with audio via Catalyst, but was wondering if there is an audio out on the Axon and is so, have HES placed a audio play forward setting to use this function?:phone:

if not, i think it would be a great feature to add so that it could possibly be used on some events coming up.:poke:
Parents
  • [QUOTE=Marty Postma]

Also just to clarify Quicktime .mov files will not work on AXON.....only MPEG-2 (.mov is used in Catalyst), so unless new file types are recognized by AXON/DL.2 I imagine it would need to be an MPEG-2 audio only file. Or two versions of your content. One with video only for the DL.2s and one with video + audio (or just audio) for the AXON.

This does not even address a possible Audio Input though, so again we would need a parameter that would switch between internal vs external audio sources

The reason that is was naming the .mov file is that its a file that is also used on the catalyst. When working in combinations with axon and catalyst this saves me time converting my custom content into separate files. I now have to convert my movie into mpgeg2 for the dl2 and use .mov files on the catalyst for pixalmapping. Support of .mov files is just an extra for me it is not a priority. playing an audio from file no mather what format is for me the most important issue. If wav is easy to implent than it have to be wav, is it mp3 than mp3 is also ok. any solution at this moment will do.

Controlling rs232 equipment is also high on my wishlist, but is this something we want from the axon or are we gone post it in the hog3 request list. There are a number of production that i want to use rs232 controls without having an axon there.....

Greetings

Frank Verbeek
  • [QUOTE=Marty Postma]

Also just to clarify Quicktime .mov files will not work on AXON.....only MPEG-2 (.mov is used in Catalyst), so unless new file types are recognized by AXON/DL.2 I imagine it would need to be an MPEG-2 audio only file. Or two versions of your content. One with video only for the DL.2s and one with video + audio (or just audio) for the AXON.

This does not even address a possible Audio Input though, so again we would need a parameter that would switch between internal vs external audio sources

The reason that is was naming the .mov file is that its a file that is also used on the catalyst. When working in combinations with axon and catalyst this saves me time converting my custom content into separate files. I now have to convert my movie into mpgeg2 for the dl2 and use .mov files on the catalyst for pixalmapping. Support of .mov files is just an extra for me it is not a priority. playing an audio from file no mather what format is for me the most important issue. If wav is easy to implent than it have to be wav, is it mp3 than mp3 is also ok. any solution at this moment will do.

Controlling rs232 equipment is also high on my wishlist, but is this something we want from the axon or are we gone post it in the hog3 request list. There are a number of production that i want to use rs232 controls without having an axon there.....

Greetings

Frank Verbeek
Children
No Data