Texture on custom objects low grade

Hey guys,

So I made some custom objects, and the texture seems very low grade. The stock content looks way better. Anyone have a suggestion.

How I create the objects:

1. AutoCAD

2. Convert in Deep Exploration

3. Load on Server

:trink26: :rtfm:
Parents
  • This is because you have not set UV coordinates for your object. So they all default to zero I believe.....I had some trouble with this myself initially until I understood UV maps.

You will need to do this in a 3-D modelling program such as Lightwave 3-D (I'm pretty sure you cannot do this in AutoCAD).

You can build the shape in AutoCAD....convert in Deep Exploration to a .LWO for use in Lightwave....then build your UVs (or use the free Super UV plugin for Lightwave)....and then convert again to .x via Deep Exploration.

Not the answer you wanted I'm sure, but I hope this helps explain it at least a little bit.:)
  • This is because you have not set UV coordinates for your object. So they all default to zero I believe.....I had some trouble with this myself initially until I understood UV maps.

You will need to do this in a 3-D modelling program such as Lightwave 3-D (I'm pretty sure you cannot do this in AutoCAD).

You can build the shape in AutoCAD....convert in Deep Exploration to a .LWO for use in Lightwave....then build your UVs (or use the free Super UV plugin for Lightwave)....and then convert again to .x via Deep Exploration.

Not the answer you wanted I'm sure, but I hope this helps explain it at least a little bit.:)
Children
No Data